Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i want a historical about malaysia worst air pollution place and the news please let me know.

• rwy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Someone showed me where some other city information was available, so I added Chengdu, Guangzhou, Shanghai, and Shenyang to the db at http://young-0.com/airquality . Information for each is available for about the last year. Currently the other cities are not updating hourly like Beijing is, I haven't had time to do that yet, but they do have the historical data, and I'll update them every few days until I get the automatic updating written.

-rwy

• Paul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I suggest you set up a web page where someone can choose from a list of sensor locations, for each you display what information is available (what signals, what time periods) along with notes about sensor type, data source, data trustworthiness, then allow people to choose a start date and an end date and which signal to display (e.g. AQI, O3, NO2). Then your system would generate a graph. Because you have multiple samples per day, it would probably be best to display error bars based on data aggregation (averaging, minimum, maximum). E.g. if I'm graphing Beijing AQI over a multi-year period, and data points are once per week, say, it would be smart, from a statistical point of view, to do averaging over the sampling interval of each displayed sample point (rather than just point sampling) and to also display min and max over the sampling interval, since measurements can vary so much according to time of day.
        Returning the data as a CSV would also be very useful.

• Hop&Read commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Understand getting historical data organized may take time.
        How about sharing past screen captures of air-quality visual map so that we have a better way to understand how does the pollution migrate over geographies at different times of the year?
        As the air quality suddenly and dramatically worsened in central eastern china these days, it will be helpful to understand and isolate the underlying causes and so that more voices of people can be heard.

• Ji Won Noh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes I would like to have some historical data of Nanjing's because I am having a research in our school about Nanjing's air pollution rate and to estimate the future value of it!

• jin ding commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Historical data is very helpful for academic reason. I am also working on a paper trying to from a network perspective define the relationship between some severely polluted cities. And I have searched Internet for a while, but only find the real-time data collection. You will be the first public provider if you have intent to do this. Anyway, thank you for your contribution to bring us such a wonderful website.

• Ma Jiali commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thank u very much for reading my request.I am going on a paper titled"the synoptic mechnism of severe air pollution during Jan2013 in Northern China",and I am really in urgent need of these historical data of various pollutants in various cities of Northern China during Jan2013. So would u please show me where I can get access to all those data?Thanks very much again ,and please give me a reply as soon as u read this ,cause I have searched on line for so many webs and too much time is wasted,it seems this web is the most promising one .Thank u !!!!

• joshua commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My daughter who is 16 years old, studying in middle school, is interested in climate change and air pollution in Beijing. I think the historical data of PM2.5 in Beijing will be helpful. Is there anyway I can found such data? Thanks in advance.

• lisa.polyak commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am also very interested in being able to download the historical hourly averages for various pollutants. Many thanks for considering.

• rwy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I wrote an application that runs a cron job every hour to save the data for Beijing,
        http://young-0.com/airquality If I can get a good feed for other sites in Beijing I would add those as well. Is there an rss feed where the data is available? Parsing it from the webpage is too fragile.

The source code is available there if anyone wants to set up their web server for other cities.

• someone@tianjin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great if historic data could be downloaded as a file in .CSV or Excel format, just like stock market websites offer.

2 Next →

Feedback and Knowledge Base